Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sally Hansen Cuticle Treatment


I was chatting with my sister in Whatsapp the other day and she sent a photo of her nails. We laughed because she was trying to imitate the pose from my photos, you know, the contorted angle when I was holding the bottles to show my latest manicure. We also talked about cuticles, which reminded me to write this post.

I push my cuticles before I apply nail polish. I use hand lotion every night. But my cuticles are still bad. So I decided to resolve this by using Sally Hansen's cuticle treatment, bought from Watsons:

Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover. RM29.90
(I bought it for RM25 at sale price)


From the instructions, we are to push cuticles after leaving it on for 2 minutes. I'm not sure why we can't leave it for more than 8 minutes because it didn't hurt when I tried. The tube has a slanted tip that was meant to push your cuticles. I find this unhygienic so I used my cuticle pusher instead. This gel is effective - it easily peels off the excess cuticles after 2 minutes. You won't even feel a thing. It also leaves a nice kiwi smell on your nails :)

I forgot to take photos of my cuticles after using the product, sorry!

For maintenance, I apply Sally Hansen Cuticle Oil on my nails every night:

Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil
(I can't remember the price, it should be RM20+)

It has a brush that's similar to nail polish's,
making it easier to apply the oil on the nails without dripping

To use, take the brush and swipe it on the cuticles. Massage the oil with your fingers to let the oil seep into the cuticles. I can see slight improvements on my nails but results are only evident after a period of time so I can't give my verdict now.

Sis, hope you're reading this. So far it kinda works for me so you may wish to buy them in your local drugstore :)

No comments: