Monday, September 26, 2011

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Honeymoon Red

Hello readers!

I realized I haven't paint any red on my nails before and I only own 3 reds in my stash. I tend to lean towards other colors and reserve red to my toe nails. So I made a point to try it out on my nails and here they are!

First up, I had bottle and swatch comparison on the three reds I have:

L-R: Essie Limited Addiction, Sally Hansen Honeymoon Red, OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress

Two coats for each

Essie Limited Addiction is a cool toned red, like blood. Common shade but it's always good to have classic red in the stash :P

OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress is an awesome seductive dark red. I had been wondering why it's so popular till I swatched it. The shimmers really glows yet it's amazingly smooth on the surface. It looks like a ruby gem.. I always like jewel toned finish and this is a really really nice red to have.

Sally Hansen Honeymoon Red is a vibrant red infused with fresh berry undertone. For me, it's incredibly sexy! Berry red is in my alley alright! I can never have too much berry in my stash, OPI Miami Beet being my favorite :)

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength has a long thin brush which makes it easy to control and manage. Pigmentation-wise, it's opaque in 1 coat but I used 2 for a brighter tone.



Honeymoon Red is really appropriate for its name. A happy red accompanies the bride to her wedding getaway; bright, cheery and sexy!


Honeymoon Red in artificial light: The berry undertone shied away

Outdoor under the shade

Happy berry red, glossy and shining!

Rub your eyes and look again: There's shimmer under direct light!

Indoor, natural lighting

A last close up shot under natural lighting

The mani was done on Tuesday and I had 5-day certification training the following week. I had to do my homework every night and sit for exam on the last day, which left me with no time to change my mani at all. I guess the diamond strength of it does work brilliantly: chip-free for 10 days with minimum tip wear!

2 coats of Sally Hansen Honeymoon Red
1 coat of Seche Clear base coat
1 coat of Seche Vite dry fast top coat

No comments: