Monday, August 22, 2011

Color Club Revvvolution in Twilight


The original plan was to create two-toned contrast on the nails. I started with green and grey but China Glaze Recycle was not the right shade. I know it's buildable but I wanted some shimmer and glitter. My Bloop green was too loud for Recycle so I switched to Color Club Revvvolution. The combination didn't look good, I switched again to OPI Jade Is The New Black. Nah, looked weird so finally I changed to OPI Lucerne-Tainly Look Marvelous.

I tried to create a crescent but my drawing sucked, and Lucerne seemed to blend into Revvvolution when painted on top of it. Tried the other way round, no go. In the end, deeply annoyed, I decided on gradient effect even though I didn't have a suitable sponge to work with.

What I did was:

  • Use Revvvolution as base
  • Remove the base coat from middle to tip with a brush
  • Paint Lucerne from middle to tip with another brush

Definitely not a wise method; I wasted a lot of nail polish. I failed to cover Lucerne well, you can see some bald patches even with 2 coats. Worst of all the gradient effect was like, N-O-N-E. Was also hoping Revvvolution to show some holo but I guess I have one that doesn't! Total crap.

My clean-up was done in a haste cos it was really late at night by the time I was done with this frustrating mess.



Few days later, I spiced it up with a clear polish that has glitter flakes and moon crescent. Lo and behold! It revived my nails instantly! I was lucky; the moon crescent came out without any effort. It rested comfortably on my thumb and ring finger. I thought of Twilight looking at my nails... 


I bought Splash polish from SaSa at only RM4! Love!

2 coats of Color Club Revvvolution (no holo no holo no holo!!!)
2 coats of Lucerne-Tainly Look Marvelous
1 coat of Splash S082
1 coat of OPI Ridge Filler
1 coat of Seche Vite dry fast top coat

2 comments:

redkapha said...

Wowww! Looked mavellous!! Perfect for a party nightout or even formal occasion! I like it very much! Wish u can do it on my nails! Really like it! XX

poppyluva said...

:) I'd love to!